Sunday, April 19, 2009

Clay Aiken and Dr. Phil

An excellent blog on bullying... http://www.claynewsnetwork.com/ , please check it out!!!






Clay Aiken was bullied as a child, and it continues today.

Everyone has people that don't like you, but some people take it to the next level. I was teased for having red hair, freckles, and wore glasses, and I had skinny legs. I chose to love myself for being different. I still to this day love all of these things about myself. I went on to become a hair stylist, I rode horses and for about 25 years owned, showed, bred, and groomed Old English Sheepdogs, with one of them being in the top 10 of the country for three years in a row, and all the rest retired as Champions.



So instead of retreating into myself, I expressed myself in other ways. As did Clay Aiken, and he is still doing more for this world than any of the bullies ever will.

11 comments:

jbc4clay said...

Great blog Shy.
Yes, sad to say the bullying of Clay Aiken is still going strong and he is still going strong also!

Beautiful dog!

SueReu said...

excellent Shy, :) we had the same idea LOL!!!

Thanks for the link to CANN - very much worth reading and watching.

Ashes said...

Clay learned the best way to handle the bullies, and so did you. Nothing they hate worse than being ignored..right?

Lovely dog..I love big dogs:)

Anonymous said...

Red head here too! I had the same bullying in school too. Thanks for your blog.

musicfan said...

Thanks for the link to CANN. Bullying is a huge problem and I am glad that CLay is trying to help others who are victims of bullies.

Anonymous said...

That's a BIG dog, WOW! Very beautiful! Thank you for sharing your picture.
I remember seeing Clay Aiken on Dr. Phil's program talking about bullying. It was very informative.

fgs said...

Excellent blog! Younger kids don't always recognize when they are bullies, but there is no excuse for the adults who do it every day on the internet and elsewhere. Clay isn't the only celebrity bullied on the internet and in the media, but he has suffered far more than his share.

Anonymous said...

Bullying is a serious problem. Thank you for featuring this article.

PaulaBear said...

Every day we hear of young children that continue to be bullied at school, on the school bus and in the playgrounds and now on the internet. Too many children are hurt by this. When will it stop?

katy said...

Great blog! Unfortunately bullying is occurring all the time, at work, at school, on the internet. How many lives have been lost, how many tragedies have happened from bullying. It is now pervasive on the internet.

QBBabe said...

Again you are doing a wonderful job of sharing information, Shy! I know you well and no one would bully you now! Your strength is a wonderful example.

Add to Technorati Favorites