Monday, April 27, 2009

Smart or Lucky?


 Clay Aiken
It seems that my blogs always mention how lucky we are to be fans of Clay Aiken. I may have also mentioned how smart we are to have chosen this man to follow.  Nothing’s changed!
This weekend, while apparently in LA with Jaymes and Parker, Clay chose to go to the fan club message board in order to answer questions.  He set up the rules (teacher that he is) and as long as the rules were respected he made himself available to the fans and opened up to the fans.  What a guy!
There are cynics around that think he did this just to up the memberships at the fan club. They say that he has no career news to share and he wanted to keep us “on the hook”. Frankly, that’s not what I think, but if it was true I can only think of that as good business.
As long as I have been a fan (since Day 1), I have fantasized about what it would be like to just hang out with Clay. I have wondered what an evening on the couch, in the family room would be like.  I now think I know a little bit more of what that would be like.  Clay has shared his thoughts – some serious, some silly – and let us feel kind of like we are hanging out on the couch with him. He has treated us as friends and I, for one, feel honored and lucky! (and smart!)
by QBbabe 



For more information please visit   Clay News Network
And to donate, please go to  Bubel Aiken Foundation

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are sooo lucky to be a fan of Clay Aiken!!

Thank-you my friend for a lovely post!

Deona said...

We certainly are fortunate to be Clay Aiken fans. He is always fascinating. And pffft! on the haters. First they rail that he doesn't communicate enough with the fans, and when he does they hate on that too. They are nothing if not predictable.

SueReu said...

I also consider myself to be very blessed to be a fan of Clay Aiken.

Do I think Clay did the Q&A on his fan board to keep in touch with his fans while he's not in the public eye? That may be part of it, but I don't think it was all of it. He could easily do the same thing by sitting down and writing a blog every day. Instead, he spent 7 hours online on Friday night - get that? 7 hours. His funny, charming & compassionate answers made for an amazing evening.

:) thank you Clay and thanks for the GREAT BLOG!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the Clay Aiken blog!

katy said...

Smart or Lucky? I think Clay Aiken is both, in addition to being a caring man who always teaches. I feel lucky to follow his career.

Anonymous said...

I agree, it was a wonderful evening and a lot of fun to see which questions he'd respond to and to laugh at some of his joking answers and see some of the serious ones which he could have just ignored. It was nice of him to spend some time with the fans.

stargazer said...

First and foremost, I feel lucky to be a Clay Aiken fan from the first moment he appeared on AI2. If I hadn't been lucky enough to see him that night, I think I would have been smart enough to glom onto Clay when he was on a rocket to the stars.

There is only one Clay Aiken, never will there be another. Love him or hate him, emotions run the gamut. I'm glad that I love this wonderful man.

Q, it's a kick butt blog and I thank you my friend.

Ashes said...

We are lucky to have Clay Aiken in our lives.I can't imagine the past 6 years without him. He never ceases to amaze me!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. And I donated to BAF after listening to Just You. What a guy our Clay Aiken is!

Ashes said...

What a fun time it's been with Clay answering questions. He's such a darling, and wish I could be with him and David Foster at the Celebration!

Have a great weekend!

Add to Technorati Favorites