Saturday, September 13, 2008

C'mon, Clay!

"Why did you go and do this to me?" Really, Clay? You're asking this question? Have you been napping for the last 5 years?
Remember that cute puppy dog face on the stage of AI and the wiggly fingers asking us for votes? Yeah, we voted.
Remember who was the star of the AI tour? Yeah, we bought tickets.
Remember the tours? Remember the sellouts? Remember the bus lines? Remember the singers? Remember the dancers? Remember the readers? Remember how many more wannabe singers, dancers and readers there were? Remember the meet and greets? Remember how many names there were to choose from? Yeah, we were there.
Remember the book signing? Yeah, we really did camp out on State Street in December all night long. It was cold and worth it. That was us.
Remember the CD signings? Remember how many of us waited and waited and staked our claim on the sidewalks? Yeah, that was us.
Remember Bryant Park? Bet you never thought of it as a campground, but we did. We were there.
Remember the very beginnings of the BAF? Remember how you received donations before it was a real entity? Yeah, those were from us.
Remember the galas? Remember how easy it was to twirl a ring between your lips and know that it would reap huge donations? Yeah, we were the bidders.
How about the volunteers? The camp visitors and supporters? Yeah, that's us, too.
Let's talk about Unicef. Did you really say that your fans would respond if you asked? How did you know that, Clay? Is it because we are always there for whatever you ask of us? I think maybe so. And we were.
So why would you ask "Why did you go and do this to me?" You should have known - you should have expected that from us.
Keep asking Clay, and we'll keep responding!

AND....
Remember opening night at Spamalot for your very first appearance on Broadway? Yeah, we were there.
Remember all of the screams and applause that caused you to be just a little embarrassed? Yeah that was us.
Remember all of the stage door appearances? Remember how your fellow actors grinned and rolled their eyes? Weren't you a little bid proud? Yeah, we were there.
Remember closing night? Remember the party? Remember the rooftop and waving and blowing kisses? Yeah, that was toward us.
You should know we can't wait to see you there again! We'll be there!

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

heheeheh I just LOVE Clay Aiken

good job, Q!!

SueReu said...

EXCELLENT!!!! I'm here for the long run!!!

I love havin' some Clay Aiken in my life :D

katy said...

Clay Aiken calls we respond. Loyalty, YES!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I camped out at Bryant Park twice and LOVED it! I am ready for the third time to see Clay Aiken there!

After seeing that guy 96 times, I can say it is still a thrill!!!

Shycon

Anonymous said...

I'm remembering all the good times, Clay Aiken concerts, appearances, Spamalot, tv appearances, Charitable works. C'mon Clay, we're so proud and always want to help.

Traveler on Life's Path said...

So many great memories to relive and so many more to come!!!

I am in awe of the talented members of Clay Nation. I am sure the winning entry for the Clay Aiken bio contest will be a hoot and a half!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Clay Aiken for the good times we've had. Can't imagine enjoying anyone anymore than you

Anonymous said...

Hey, whenever Clay asks, I respond. LOL

Clay Aiken, I am yours forever, dude!

Anonymous said...

Looks like Clay is back and I'm so glad about that!

Anonymous said...

Actually I didn't think anything fans could do would surprise Clay Aiken anymore! Seems like he's seen it all from the good to the bad--I just hope he know that the good outweighs the bad!

Anonymous said...

Hee! Great blog! Clay Aiken's fans are always so funny and creative. Thank you for the blog.

musicfan said...

Cute blog.........yes, Clay should have known he would be reading for hours!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! Yes, Clay should know us by now! We have never let him down and I know we never will. We love you, Clay!

marhaven said...

Great blog!! I missed out on camping in Bryant Park but I did sleep on the street at Hollywood and Highland to see Clay on the Ryan Seacrest Show......does that count?

LOL.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, if we listed all, this blog would be going on forever..which would be ok by me

but it sure is fun to remember!

Deona said...

Good times. Good times. And many more to come! One thing for sure, Clay is never boring!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! You've got it right, Shyeyewitness. Whatever Clay Aiken asks of us, we're there for him. And may it always be thus!

Anonymous said...

We've supported Clay Aiken for a lot of things--because he deserves it! Great blog--it brought back some wonderful memories!

Dianajoe said...

shy! THIS was a great blog! I love and admire Clay Aiken. Sure wish we could see pictures of "The Little Man"

Anonymous said...

Great blog! He remembers and it touches him. Clay Aiken is a tease and he loves to egg the fans on. I still think it surprises him that he has such loyal fans. The man is certainly creative when it comes to his contests. I can't wait to read the winner!

outback

Anonymous said...

Love the blog, brings back memories, also here for long haul!

maggiwiz

stargazer said...

Qbabie, fabulous blog. There are so many many memories we've made just because of Clay Aiken. Who would have thought that five years later we'd still be 12. I won't grow up, no I simply refuse.

Anonymous said...

Clay Aiken has some of the most loyal fans on the planet!!

gaymarie said...

OMG... great blog Shy! I've never sat overnight in line for Clay, but I would in a heartbeat! I am a camping kind of gal!

Clay Aiken... what a man, what a voice!

Can't WAIT for next Friday! We get to seeeeeeeee him again!!!

Unknown said...

Clay Aiken blogs and then is surprised that we all responded with enthusiasm and excitement?!!! He knows what he does to us!

Dianne Barbee said...

QBBabe,

Great read! I'm sure most Clay Aiken fans can find themselves in one of those lines, concerts, fund-raising projects, or bio-writing contests, LOL!

Have a great week!

Caro

Anonymous said...

OMG, I love Clay Aiken too. You ask, Clay and we deliver - BIG TIME! LOL x

Ashes said...

Bet he was grinning from ear to ear when he wrote that blog :) We sure know now, as does he, that the rest of the cast loved the enthusiastism of the fans. It's contagious..in a good way.

Add to Technorati Favorites