Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Shift of Dreams

You know the saying...if you can't say something nice......Well, I needed to hear that. For the first few days since Clay's news I was unable to post without saying some unkind things. Now, though, I think I can share some thoughts and feelings without doing that.
What resonated the most to me was when Clay talked about his mother and then himself as parents. I am a parent, too, so I got it. We have dreams for our children. Like a parent, I had dreams for Clay, too. And they were specific! I dreamed of all of the things that I value - love, marriage, children, health, success and happiness. I taught my children to be honest, kind and hard working. From those traits will come dreams. I believe that Clay is honest, kind and hard working and that should make dreams come true for him.
Well, they have come true. His dreams, not mine and that is as it should be.
All that means to me is that I have to shift my dreams. Perhaps I need to limit them to health and happiness and let that happiness be defined by those I love.
I love my own children and I love Clay Aiken!

3 comments:

jbc4clay said...

Beautiful blog........

Ashes said...

Excellent blog. We all have "dreams", for ourselves and for our family. Very few of them have come true for me. Has that stopped me from dreaming--nah, I just adjust, shift my gears and carry on dreaming about the future.
For now it's happiness for Clay and his family, and for the next concert tour announcement!

Anonymous said...

Perfectly said. I too, had to adjust gears.

BUT one of my dreams DID come true, the lovely family he now has with Jaymes and Parker.

Love your blog BTW.

Clandy

Add to Technorati Favorites